Spring 2015 Collab With Pin Up Girl Clothing

Some exciting news: I'm happy to share that I'll be continuing to collaborate with Pin Up Girl Clothing! This year is bringing all kinds of awesomeness and I'm honored to contribute some original designs for their lovely dresses and skirts again-first up is the Spring 2015 line. It's been a real treat to be working on fabrics, and at this point I can honestly say I'm truly in love with it and the process. A big thank you to PUG for having me on board again!

The two designs I've worked up were inspired by Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and will be part of the Fairy Tale Fantasy Collection. Alice and her adventures were pretty key in helping form my imagination as a little girl, they combined a sort of sugary sweetness, odd characters and some rather creepy bits that really resonated with me. With there being so many different characters and possible ways to take it, I decided to break it down into two parts for the patterns. After a lot of drawing and trouble shooting designs, The Wonderland Print and Queen of Hearts print is the result. The Wonderland is an all over print combining various elements from the Mad Tea Party, as well as the Caterpillar, Cheshire cat and little Alice (not to mention "eat me" cakes, "drink me" bottles, keys. squiggles...lots of drawing for this print, that's for sure!). This prints will be featured on the Doris Skirt and Ella Dress, below.
The Second Pattern, Queen of Hearts, is a border print. This one was a challenge-but I'm really happy with the result and how it all came together. We all become attached to making things sometimes, and the art on this print was certainly something attached to my heart-and I hope it shows. This print features the Queen of course, White Rabbit, Cheshire Cat, card suits galore and of course lots of cards, heart shaped tarts, paint buckets and red roses (carefully painted white, of course!). This print will be featured on the Lydia Dress (Up above, at the top!) and Jenny Skirt, below.
 A closer look at the fabric details below....

Please stop by the Pin Up Girl Clothing website to check out all of the the spring 2015 designs and to sign up and join the wait list-you'll be notified as soon as the new styles are available for purchase. Hope you enjoyed the peek at these pretty new things and hope some of you lovely ladies will have fun wearing them! xo


No comments: