Marvel's Girl Comics #1 OUT TOMORROW!



Firstly, can I say how excited I am about this book!? Wow, what an honor to be part of a project as wonderful as this one, with so many talented women involved, it's going to be a beautiful book. Issue number one will be out tomorrow, which will include the work of Colleen Coover, Valerie D'Orazio, Devin Grayson, Lucy Knisley, Trina Robbins, G. Willow Wilson, Ming Doyle, Agnes Garbowska, Nikki Cook, Emma Rios and myself.


I was lucky enough to be asked to illustrate a Venus story, written by Trina Robbins. If you aren't familiar with the Venus character and book from the 1940's, it was basically everything I adore wrapped up into one book! You've got Sci Fi, Horror, Romance, Adventure, the whole deal. Below are a few of the old Venus covers I based the above character sketch on, for the book:




A few of the ladies and myself will be signing tomorrow at Jim Hanley's Universe, which is 4 West 33rd St. here in NYC, from 6-8PM. Hope you enjoy the book! xo

1 comment:

Callan's Sketchblog said...

I just wanted to say how much I loved Girl Comics! :D